Pollution prevention starts at our front doors. Trash can travel through storm drains, creeks, and rivers to become Bay pollution.
Cleanup days are also a great way to fulfill your community service requirements. Individuals, clubs, and classes are welcome and encouraged to participate.
Take the lead - make a difference.
Volunteer to host a creek cleanup!
- Identify a safe and accessible section of creek, river, or lake within Santa Clara County that needs a cleanup. Please visit the area ahead of time to ensure it is safe, and there is enough trash for your volunteers to pick up.
- Designate a Site-Coordinator assistant for the day of the event. This can be someone else from your group.
- Register your National River or Coastal Cleanup Day site.
- Participate in a brief CCAG training and pick up cleanup supplies the week before the cleanup event.
- Host your cleanup on National River or Coastal Cleanup Day.
Need more information?
Please, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you up for the Challenge?
Volunteer to join a creek cleanup!
1. Look for Litter in your neighborhood
2. Lend a Hand
3. Help Your Local Creek
- Check out our Upcoming Cleanup Events page.
- Register to join a cleanup site. The registration for each site will include information on the site coordinator, meeting and parking locations, and site considerations and conditions.
- Print and sign the waiver to participate in the cleanup.
- Talk Trash and share your experience. Tag us @scvwd on IG/FB or @valleywater on Twitter