Pollution prevention starts at our front doors. Trash can travel through storm drains, creeks, and rivers to become Bay pollution.
Cleanup days are also a great way to fulfill your community service requirements. Individuals, clubs, and classes are welcome and encouraged to participate.
Are you up for the Challenge?
Here are the steps to get you started!
1. Look for Litter in your neighborhood
2. Lend a Hand
3. Help Your Local Creek
- Check out our Upcoming Cleanup Events page (up top).
- Target your community – choose a block, a park, or a neighborhood near you.
- Prepare for the day with trash bags or reusable buckets, work gloves, litter grabbers, water, and sturdy shoes.
- Download the CleanSwell App before your cleanup and allow location services. Use the Group name CCAG. Here you can log data on your smartphone while or after you cleanup. If you can’t use the CleanSwell App you can log your data HERE.
- Review the social distancing cleanup requirements provided in your registration. Wear a facial covering and gloves and practice social distancing. Anyone under 18 years of age is required to have parent/guardian consent.
- Talk Trash and share your experience. Tag us @scvwd on IG/FB or @valleywater on Twitter