Volunteering at a cleanup event helps to keep these natural parts of our county beautiful for everyone to enjoy. These events also give volunteers an opportunity to meet new people, to get outside, and to volunteer in a stress-relieving, natural setting.
Our cleanup days are also a great way to fulfill your community service requirements. Individuals, clubs, and classes are welcome and encouraged to come out and participate in our cleanup events.
Are you up for the Challenge?
Here are the steps to get you started!
1. Look for Litter in your neighborhood
2. Lend a Hand
3. Help Your Local Creek
- Check out our Upcoming Cleanup Events page (up top).
- Target your community – choose a block, a park, or a neighborhood near you.
- Prepare for the day with trash bags or reusable buckets, work gloves, litter grabbers, water, and sturdy shoes.
- Download the CleanSwell App before your cleanup and allow location services. Use the Group name CCAG. Here you can log data on your smartphone while or after you cleanup. If you can’t use the CleanSwell App download and print a data card HERE.
- Review the social distancing cleanup guidelines. Wear face masks and gloves and practice social distancing. ONLY if you are picking up supplies: Print and sign a Volunteer Agreement if you cannot print the form, we will have one for you to sign when you arrive to the site. Anyone under 18 years of age is required to have parent/guardian consent.
- Talk Trash and share your experience. Tag us @scvwd on IG/FB or @valleywater on Twitter