Pollution prevention starts at our front doors. Trash can travel through storm drains, creeks, and rivers to become Bay pollution.
Cleanup days are also a great way to fulfill your community service requirements. Individuals, clubs, and classes are welcome and encouraged to participate.
Are you up for the Challenge?
Here are the steps to get you started!
1. Look for Litter in your neighborhood
2. Lend a Hand
3. Help Your Local Creek
- Check out our Upcoming Cleanup Events page (up top).
- For Virtual Neighborhood Cleanups: Target your community – choose a block, a park, or a neighborhood near you. Download the CleanSwell App before your cleanup and allow location services. Use the Group name CCAG. Here you can log data on your smartphone while or after you cleanup. Prepare for the day with trash bags or reusable buckets, work gloves, litter grabbers, water, and sturdy shoes.
- For In Person Cleanups: Select a site. For each cleanup event, you will find a list of sites including locations. The registration for each site will include information on the site coordinator, meeting and parking locations, and site considerations and conditions.
- Talk Trash and share your experience. Tag us @scvwd on IG/FB or @valleywater on Twitter